|You are here: >Installation>Connecting Rod--4340 "H" Beam Super Racintg Rod-3D plus|
INSTALLATION OF AISI 4340 "H" BEAM SUPER RACING ROD - 3D+
* Remove all preserve on rods and clean with kerosene.
* Remove all cap screws and record every bolt length for stretch reference. Idenfication mark should be placed at cap and rod of each set..
* Blow all male and female thread with clean air and brush away any metal
debris and machine residues. Which may cause gouging and seizing on threads.
Rod bearing 0.002-0.003".
Pin and small end;
Small end has 0.0009-0.0015" clearance for floating type.
Small end is 0.0006-0.0009”
Side clearance 0.015-0.025".
Make sure to use narrow bearing for a larger journal radius.
9mmØ 8740 Cap screw 40-45 FT-LBS with elongation 0.0055-0.0065”
5/16” Ø 8740 Cap screw 30-35 FT-LBS with elongation 0.0060-0.0070"
3/8” Ø 8740 Ccap screw 40-45 FT-LBS with elongation 0.0050-0.0060”
7/16” Ø 8740 Cap screw 65-70 FT-LBS with elongation 0.0065-0.0075”
* Ensure the original pair is installed together. Cap and rod are honed together in factory. Mixing pair may change bore shape and cause damage to journal.
* Every rod is precision finished with precise weight sorted in factory. Don't ever alter or file the rod for crank balancing. Which will automatic void the warranty.
* Apply plenty oil on all bearings and hand crank engine to ensure rod is clear from piston skirt, camshaft, and engine block.